2007年9月13日 星期四

Microsoft Office Addin for Saving Files to Google Docs

I think the idea of Google Docs is good and it has a big advantage for collaboration on same document.

However, since Google Docs is a web application, no matter how to improve AJAX, it still have some limitation on the UI.

I think this is the reason why Google Pack include Star Office. I guess goggle may put some effort to integrate Google Doc with Star Office / Open Office.  

Today, I have an idea to write a plugin for Microsoft Office, so that I can save the MS Word document directly to google docs or directly open a document from google doc.

After doing some research I found it is possible because Google release some API

http://code.google.com/apis/documents/developers_guide_protocol.html#UploadingDocs

Unfortunately, it did not provide .NET API. May be I need to implement one by myself…

I also found some article which tell me how to build an addin for Microsoft Office using .NET

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/addin_office_using_csharp.asp

All API is ready, it is time to implement it la….

 

 

沒有留言: